[mythtv] using myth as a remote client of iTunes.

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 02:57:02 UTC 2006

To get back to the original point, if you want control iTunes playback
on your OSX machine from your remote MythFrontend, just use VNC or
something similar and open a remote desktop with iTunes maximized.

If you want to play music from your iTunes library on your (Linux)
Myth frontend box, mount your iTunes library, read the xml file for
the meta data, and use an existing Linux media player.

I'm in the same boat, I'm an iTunes/iTMS/iPod user, but I'm resigned
to finding an extralegal way to get rid of fairplay on the 500 or so
songs I have bought from iTMS.

Hell, it's something I need to do anyway if I want to keep this music long term.