[mythtv] problem setting ivtv tuner channel in 0.19 w/ ivtv 0.4.x?

Kenneth Padgett kenneth.padgett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 22:12:56 UTC 2006

I upgraded to 0.19 rpms (current atrpms, so I think it has -fixes in
it), and it installed the new ivtv 0.4.1 with it. I have an external
tuner (Dish) and was getting nothing put static for live tv and
recordings. I followed all the instructions I could find to fix it.
I've done the following:

* Removed ivtv and completely reinstalled, now at 0.4.4. (This solved
the init.mpg firmware issue as part of yum's file dependancy issue)

* Updated lirc, alsa, etc. (To fix my remote, have a PVR-350)

* Removed all card setups (did this 5x times) in mythtv-setup per:
mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_I_upgraded_my_ivtv_drivers_to_the_latest_version_and_now_I_can.27t_record_anything.

* Run mythfilldatabase to update everything...

After doing all of the above, I was still receiveing static. I
manually ran this command and it started tuning the input properly:

ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0

So to "fix" it, I've got that command running when my system boots up,
but shouldn't myth still be handling setting the tuner to channel 3?
Did this break in 0.19? I have channel 3 set in mythtv-setup where it
should be.

One thing that's weird, is the mythtv wiki (link above) says my tuner
will be "Tuner" and not "Tuner 0", but it's still listed as "Tuner 0".
Something wrong with my upgrade to ivtv or something?

Thanks for you help, sorry to post to the dev list but this seems like
a bug... :(
-Kenneth