[mythtv] MPEG4 and seektables

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Sat Mar 18 13:42:40 UTC 2006

Thanks, I know about the --video option.  I've imported the .avi into
the MythTV database -- it looks like a recording.  So either is an
option.  --video if i want to play from MythVideo and --rebuild -f if I
play from Watch Recordings.

When I looked under the hood it appears the only difference between
--video and --rebuild -f is the table the data is inserted into.  I can
see in the -v playback log the seek table being used.  It is just corrupt.

Now I'm trying to track down WHY the seek table is corrupt.  It looks
like the keyframes produced by aviindex (see my second post) are correct
for video seeking, but lose audio sync.  I'm trying to get a better
understanding of how seeking works to debug this.

Thanks,

David.