[mythtv] Question regarding the mouse support

florin baiduc florinbaiduc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 06:27:32 UTC 2006

Hi, I try to build a carpc, and as virtually every display now has
support for the touchscreen, I would like to help enabling and
supporting the mouse in MythTV..
For the beginning, can anybody explain how can we find the location of
a button in the mainmenu (I triend and read the sources - with special
focus on the mythmainwindow and myththemedmenu .cpp files, hoping to
find any callbak or api for getting the location of different buttons
on the screen...)

Anybody has any knowledge or ideeas regarding this subject?
I am able to send a key_enter message for every mouse click, but, for
getting really usefull I need to know the location of the mainmenu
elements (my focus is mainmenu for the moment)

As I have programming knowledger (I am a computer programmer) I can
also contribute back with an eventual mouse API or helper functions
Anybody interested in colaboration or having additional helping
information please reply
Thanks,
Florin