[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9285 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Mar 7 19:33:40 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Mar 07, 2006 at 06:48:37PM +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>
>> One more comment. It currently includes recordings from all recording groups
>> including LiveTV and passworded groups. Three possible solutions to this:
>>

>> - Only show recordings from the same group as the recording you are currently
>> viewing.
>>

> I'd vote for this one since it goes along with the list the user was just
> looking at before they started playing the current recording.  If they want to
> change recording groups, that's another issue and you'd want to change the group
> not only for the recording being played but also for the Watch Recordings screen
> since otherwise when you returned from playback, you could be deleting a recording
> that doesn't even show up in the recordings list since it is in another recording
> group.

Ideally this entire setup would respect and mirror the default viewing
mode and current viewing mode of Watch Recordings and present the list
in the same groupings and filters and allow application of both as
needed.   I tend to change between recording groups a lot ("Our shows"
vs. "My shows") so adding in extra steps to change recording groups
wasn't something I really wanted right off the bat as I hadn't come up
with a good UI for doing it.

I can certainly see the concerns for the LiveTV and password protected
groups.  Perhaps as a start, we could simply mirror the LiveTV setting
from the database in regards to filtering and skip password protected
groups until a proper OSD interface for entering the PIN is available.
I can see filtering by current recording group once a good UI for
switching groups is determined as well.  With only two levels of OSD
workable on the screen, it makes some things more difficult for complex
choices like this.

Kevin