[mythtv] LiveTV channel changes do not allow enough buffering time on local mount

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Sat Mar 4 04:57:23 UTC 2006

Hey guys.  I've been having a long standing issue with LiveTV since the
re-work where it seems to change channels too quickly.  I get prebuffering
pauses, and if I just pause it for a second and then unpause it again, things
are fine.  Channel changes happen a good 2-3 seconds faster than the initial
LiveTV startup (surely part of that is the overhead of starting it all).  I
noticed, however, that using a remote frontend does not suffer this problem.
It only occurs on the FE/BE combo.  I remember seeing some changes regarding
different buffering policies with local or streamed content but don't know if
it is relevant to this.

Is this an issue for any of you?  I'd be happy to look into this myself and
hopefully work up a patch if someone can tell me where this logic takes
place.

Thanks,

~Lou