[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sat Mar 4 02:03:20 UTC 2006

mythtv at zacglen.com.au wrote:

>I'll rephrase that.  It isn't ready yet.
>
>Besides, there are some minor components of it that I cannot possibly put
>into the public domain.

I don't think anyone here has asked that you put anything into the
public domain.  I've asked what license you are releasing it under, and
where I can download it.  Others have asked if it is GPL.  None of us
want something for nothing, but we do in fact want something other than
bragging.

>Please, can you be a bit more respectful?

I tend to respect actions and not words.  I also tend to have a fairly
high opinion of my perl coding ability, and would genuinely be
interested in getting my hands on well written perl code that replicated
a major portion of MythTV's functionality.  So far nothing I've seen
from you is syntactically correct perl.

Mike