[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

mythtv at zacglen.com.au mythtv at zacglen.com.au
Sat Mar 4 01:51:55 UTC 2006

>> So I am guilty of lying unless I prove I am innocent?
>
>So if I said to you, "My $WHATEVER is better than yours.  But I'm not
>posting any evidence, and it's not finished yet.  By the way.  Your
>$WHATEVER sucks."
>
>How would you take it?
>
>I don't know about you, but I wouldn't take something like that lightly
>if someone said that to me.  ESPECIALLY if I built my $WHATEVER.  So you
>jump onto the mailing list, and announce exactly that.
>
>Once again - how would you react?  ESPECIALLY if it was your mailing
>list and someone jumped on with a statement like that?
>
>> Are you sure you aren't working for the US military?
>
>Pretty sure *I'm* not.
>
>Seriously, no offense intended, but to many on this list you're coming
>across like a troll.  If you like the tool you've written, good for you.
>Have fun with it.  You want to share it with others?  Go for it.  You
>don't want to share?  Have fun with that.  You want to flame others'
>efforts without 3rd-party substantiation?  Not on this list.  That's
>what USENET is for...

I have already shared what I currently have to share.
That it is possible to create a pvr using html/cgi with reasonably
low effort. In fact I started on this on Weds 1st, so it has so far
only taken me three days.

Given the copious effort and code that has gone into MythTV
I just thought that people subscribing to this list might be interested.

After all, we do all sit down and carefully plan the technology that
we are going to use for our projects, don't we?
And all programmers loathe recreating the wheel don't they?