[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9199 by xris

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 2 11:09:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

Jochen Kühner wrote:
> i've changen the mp[3]act php music library to work within mythweb. now i'm
> trying to change the database style of mythmusic to be similar to the one of
> mp3act.
>
> if removed some of the mp3act part (user management,... i think, if
> usermanagement should be used, it should not be part of the music part, no
> of the whole mythweb).
>
> example files aviable on my homepage in 5 minutes, requires that you copy
> the databse of a existing mp[3]act installation into your mythconverg
> database.

Wow. Mp3Act looks cool!!! I was looking for a web based media thingy
like that a while back but never found that... Looks awesome!!

Out of curiosity, what kind of changes are needed in the DB to make it
more like mp3act? (Just generally).

I was planning on adding the concept of "views" to MythMusic to complete
my multi-artist stuff. This concept would allow you to create a n-depth
heirarchical view (you can choose how deep you want to go). For each
level you can write a simple rule for what to display as the text at
that level.

I whenever music is added to the db or metadata for a track updated, I
would update a cache of each view in the DB (stored in a standard l/r
value heirarchy table) such that the rule never needs to be used in
real-time.

When creating playlists you will be able to assign a "view" to it. This
will allow your classical music collection to be viewed differently to
your pop music collection for example.

It will lead to very powerful organisation of your music, but obviously
your work with mp3act may make me reconsider some of my plans. Do you
think this is a one-off port and it wont be updated all that often, or
do you foresee regular syncs form mp3act to mythweb/music? If you see it
more as a one-off port I can hack with it a fair bit once you're done
and it's commited (assuming xris likes it, which due to his previous
comments, I'm sure he will ;) ), without too much fear worring about the
complexity of subsequent merges :)

Also I couldn't find anything to download at your website here:
http://jogibear9988.blogspot.com/ Anywere else I should look or is it
not ready yet?

Col.

--