[mythtv] Mac MPEG2 hardware acceleration

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Jun 29 02:22:22 UTC 2006

> Compiling to test now....   how exactly does one recover from
> firmware corruption?

	I am not sure if that is the actual problem,
but when booting my PowerBook often kernel panics,
something to do with a PCI bus error for the
AppleAirPort driver, if it boots from either
of my internal hard disk OS partitions.
Booting from the hardware test CD,
or an external drive, is fine.
Resetting the PMU each boot
seems to be a workaround.
Very, very strange.

	I have now worked out that 1080i consistently
crashes it, but 576i and 576p don't.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Reality is that which,
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | when you stop believing