[mythtv] EIT and EPG

Dave Oxley dave at daveoxley.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 10:44:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently running revision 10292 of trunk and I have some questions
about the EIT implementation in trunk and/or what is planned for the
0.20 release:
1. If EIT and tv_grab are used will the EIT update the programme details
that were entered by tv_grab? i.e. Update the start and end time.
2. If the answer to 1 is yes, will the programme title, subtitle and
description be updated or left as they were entered by tv_grab?
3. I'm in Australia and the EIT here seems to be a couple of minutes out
from the data entered by tv_grab. I have seen duplicate programmes with
different start times. i.e. 1 is 20:00 - 20:29 and another is 20:03 -
20:29. Is this unique to Australia and is anything being done to fix this?
4. There are 2 db columns (useonairguide in channel and useeit in
videosource). How do they relate? i.e. Does one override the value of
the other?
5. We only have now and next information over EIT here, but on Austar
(DVB-S) there is also an EPG channel that I guess carries 7 days of
information. Is this likely to be in a standard format and can/will it
be used by mythtv?

Cheers,
Dave.