[mythtv] mythbackend leaking udp sockets

David Blain MythTV at TheBlains.net
Mon Jun 26 04:55:55 UTC 2006

On Behalf Of Russell Mora
>Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:45 PM
>To: Development of mythtv
>Subject: [mythtv] mythbackend leaking udp sockets
>

>Hi All,
>
>Has anyone else noticed mythbackend (10296) leaking udp sockets?  E.g.
>
>myth_master transcode # lsof -c mythbacke | grep UDP
>mythbacke 5917 root    9u  IPv4              58918               UDP
239.255.255.250:1900
>mythbacke 5917 root   12u  IPv4              58959               UDP
*:35603

> .... and the number just keeps going up and up - I've seen the backend
eventually run out of FDs (hits 1024 ulimit).  The weirdest part is that if
I strace the mythbackend process I don't see the socket calls - probably
just means strace is busted though.

>I am willing to work on this but does anyone have any pointers?
>
>Cheers,
>Russell.

I just commited a fix for a QSocketDevice that wasn't being freed.  Can you
please re-test and let me know if it solved the problem you found?

Thanks,

David.