[mythtv] Strage disk access behaviour

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Fri Jun 23 21:38:38 UTC 2006

I have my recordings scattered across a bunch of disks on several
machines, and all stitched together with symlinks and automount.

Whenever I finish watching a program, it takes a long time for me to get
through the menus to delete it. This is because myth seems to be
accessing a bunch of the recording files causing me to wait for the
various disks to spin up and the automounts to finish.

Why/where could myth be doing this, and how can I stop it? Is the
frontend checking files exist when it re-displays the watch recordings
list? It's 0.19, btw.

TIA
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571