[mythtv] VLC and MythVideo

hondaman hondaman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:18:13 UTC 2006

I posted this question on mythtvtalk, and got no reply, so I'll throw it
your way:

I am trying to use the switches, for default player "vlc –intf=dummy
--fullscreen" and it seems to work, for dvd images. This doesnt work for
divx or xvid. When I try and play those movies, something just blinks up
on the screen and goes away, and im back to selecting the movie. Is
there a way to get VLC player and mythvideo to play together nicely with
all video formats?

VLC player plays all my movies just fine outside of mythtv, in KDE. Its
only inside that it has this problem.