[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10201 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Jun 15 19:50:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:19:24 +0100, Ed W wrote:
> There seems no point deliberately breaking jack, but it's an example where
> it would be *unlikely* that you would be using passthrough.  Jack tends to
> terminate back on an alsa device so for passthrough you would probably be
> routing stuff a long way around.  I say unlikely though because it's
> entirely possible that you could add an AC3 device to your jack output
> patchbay

I'm thinking of an example where say BruteFIR was used via JACK for normal
stereo but that was bypassed for AC3/DTS output (which you don't want to
pass through a FIR - unless you decode and reencode it!). Does this not
make sense? I hope it does, because that's what I'm considering.

Cheers,

Martin.