[mythtv] Diagnosing QAM tuning

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Jun 15 03:36:16 UTC 2006


Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 21:02 -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>   
>> Sorry to reply to myself, but any ideas here from someone that knows
>> the DVB code?  Is there something I can provide from mplayer or myth
>> that explains why I can framegrab JPEGs in mplayer but Myth thinks
>> the channel is encrypted?
>>     
> Your provider probably improperly marked the channel as encrypted.
> A quick way to check is to allow recording of encrypted programs,
> there is a check mark somewhere in the backend config for the card.
>
> Anyway, if the program is indeed not encrypted you'll want to get
> a printout of the PMT table and create a ticket with the logs that
> include it. I believe you get this with "-v channel" on the backend,
> but it may be "-v siparser" or "-v record". This happened with the
> UPN network some months ago, so there is a workaround for something
> like this, but not for your particular broadcaster's problem.
>
>   
Thanks, I did disable freetoaironly in the database and I can record 
from these channels now.  I'll see about getting that PMT table

Kevin


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list