[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10201 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jun 14 21:50:02 UTC 2006


On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 17:41 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> > Closes #1598. Adds AC3/DTS passthough device setting.
> > This is needed because some hardware doesn't detect the output type or uses
> > different audio connectors for different types of audio. By default the old
> > behaviour of sending all output to the same device is used.
> Why not add a new constructor, so every single audio class/user of audio (you 
> missed a few, I believe) wouldn't have had to change?  Same thing with the 
> passthrough variable that was added before, both changes could've been done 
> with much lower impact on existing code..

I was going on the theory that every audio output method would
eventually have something like AC3/DTS passthrough. But I'll
undo this change + passthrough variable change outside ALSA,
if you think that is unlikely.

-- Daniel



More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list