[mythtv] conflict notifications by e-mail (oldrecstatus query)

James Mulcahy james-myth at manque.net
Sun Jun 11 14:21:28 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm interested in implementing the functionality to allow the backend to
send e-mail notification when new scheduling conflicts occur.  I've found
the Scheduler::PruneRedundants() which seems to be the location where we
identify a recording as being a conflict, but I need to maintain some
state to make sure this is a *new* conflict, since I don't want an e-mail
every time a schedule pass occurs!

Now, I've found the oldrecstatus variable in ProgramInfo, though I'm not
quite sure what this is for?  It's definitely not set to the value of
recStatus prior to this scheduling pass, which is what I was hoping it
would be, but I'm wondering if someone can explain its purpose just so I'm
not going down the wrong pass.

Cheers,

--James