[mythtv] SA3250 Firewire channel changing code

Chris Ingrassia chris at spicecoffee.org
Sun Jun 11 02:26:01 UTC 2006

	I did some quick hacking today, and thanks to Jim Westfall's efforts
and a bit of good luck, I've got a modified copy of sa3250ch.c that
will change channels successfully over the firewire port to my
Comcast SA3250HD using Gentoo with a 2.6.x kernel on my amd64.

	Based on some googling over the past few days and past experience,
it seems as if firewire channel changing with this device has been
pretty hit or miss, so hopefully this will help some other people out.

	This is a pretty hacky solution, and you might have to put in your
own Vendor/Device IDs at the top of the file before compiling, but
other than that it seems fairly reliable over here.  Certainly the
best I've been able to do so far.

	If it works/doesn't work for you, I'd certainly like to know either
way!