[mythtv] Xorg 7.0.20 + GLPainter = menu text gone.

Johan Venter johan at vulturest.com
Sat Jun 10 12:29:05 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I know some people have in the past posted about an issue whereby the
text of the menu items is missing when using the OpenGL painter, but I
don't remember seeing a resolution (besides "use the Qt painter" - duh).

I had never experienced the problem myself until I updated my xorg
installation tonight (using Debian, so it was an apt-get update that did
it), and thought that it might help if it was known that it's only with
newer xorg versions that it occurs.

Unfortunatey I don't know what Xorg version I previously had installed
(perhaps a later 6.x release), but I now have 7.0.20.

Regards,

Johan.