[mythtv] dvb scanning

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Thu Jun 8 21:28:25 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

>I can think of another thing you would want before enabling auto-scan,
>filtering of channels you can't get because they use a CAM method/key
>you don't have (i.e. I wouldn't want to know what channels have been
>added to some network to which I am not subscribed). This means adding
>CAM system checks to DVBSignalMonitor which shouldn't be too difficult,
>but should be done by someone using CAM..

Good point. Even worse, the channels for which your CAM is authorized
can change at any time (PPV, service changes, whatever), so that's
actually a bit of a sticky one. I don't know that the scanner could have
enough information to be able to tell which CA protected channels the
user wants in the list.