[mythtv] MythSocket class

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Jun 7 20:59:39 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 11:46 am, John P Poet wrote:
> On 6/6/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> > John, try this patch (newly generated against TOT).  I set up a slave
> > backend and banged on things a bit (started/stopped recordings/live-tv,
> > remote frontend stuff & local playback as well), and things seem stable
> > here.  No speed differences that I can tell, either.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> I will try this when I get home tonight.  Thanks!

New patch, fixes a deadlock condition that could be reproduced by removing all
preview pixmaps and using mythweb to regenerate them all at once.  Do a
distclean if you're justreverting and reapplying, in case the dependency
stuff busted.

Only issue that I see left is the really long timeout values (carryover from
the old QSocket code).  Do we really need a 300 second timeout for reads?  If
there's a disconnect at the wrong time, it makes things seem like they're
dead for quite a long time before it eventually recovers..

Isaac