[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:41:13 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 June 2006 12:30 pm, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > >
> > > State changes for screens everywhere else in myth are done through popup
> > > menus, there's absolutely no reason to break this by doing something
> > > different here.  Putting a "Press 'Menu' to see more options" message on
> > > screen won't hurt anything, and makes it just as obvious as a button.
> >
> > Isaac, I think the concern is that if the pop-up will only have one
> > option it may be "overkill" where one simple button could do the same
> > thing, with the "press menu" message just saying it will switch
> > between modes. Now if more options for the pop-up become necesary,
> > then it would definitely make sense.
>
> Well, if you want 3 levels of configs, that's 2 buttons on a popup menu.  Add
> another for search mode.  One for 'restore to defaults', etc.

one button could be used to scroll through the 3 different levels, but
if adding a "restore to defaults"(which is nice), etc then having a
button for each level works.
Perhaps an option to call up the settings for a different frontend to
apply to the current frontend? I like the search idea too.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!