[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Justin M. Hunt beyonddeath at focushere.ca
Tue Jun 6 18:27:01 UTC 2006

Hi Stuart,

I think your idea has merit, however making it
intuitive with a remote control, in paticular
with any conveivable remote control, is not as
easy as it seems.  We want something that
someone who has never used mythtv can figure
out, and having to use odd button mappings to
get to the other skill levels is a bit of a
steep learning curve.

I think its more intuitive for the user if
initially they dont see that there is tabs for
advanced and intermediate options, and just a
simple drop box with the skills.  Most users
are probably familiar with drop boxes from
windows, and not creating more input methods
than we need is a good idea.

Maybe someone else has a better idea for making
the tab method more feasible, and if so please
feel free to post.

Steven,

I basically suggested this as #3 in my first
email today.  The only problem with this is that
it adds another layer in the menus which is not
ideal.

Cheers,
Justin