[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Justin M. Hunt beyonddeath at focushere.ca
Tue Jun 6 17:36:43 UTC 2006


>The question then becomes, how would a novice user know if a setting
>in the "Advanced" settings is something they may wish to change?
>
>I realized this after I made the 3 levels suggestion, but other than
>RTFM I can't think of a good method.
>
>-- 
>Steve
>Before you ask, read the FAQ!
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
>then search the Wiki, and this list,
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
>Mailinglist etiquette -
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-dev mailing list
>mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev

My thinking on this issue is that, we would only have unessential
settings in the intermediate/advanced catagory, and the ones you 
need to set for myth to work in basic.  That way things like the 
order of shows in the watch recording screen is irrelevant if you 
havnt tweaked myth very finely. 

If we dont split the configuration into multiple levels, we will 
still have the problem we have now, too many options for novice
users. So I think the trade off in finding some settings is worth
it when you compare it with what we have now.

Justin






More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list