[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Justin M. Hunt beyonddeath at focushere.ca
Tue Jun 6 16:50:47 UTC 2006

Hi again,

I just wanted to post another follow up message about this.  Basically from the sounds of it, we should be keeping all of the options.  The only option I dont think we need is "what to call 'unknown' programs" and the catagory for unknown programs.  These we will change the default to "No Data" as it is more descriptive than unknown or "off air".

To simplify the rest of the configuration, since we could not aggree to remove many options, I propose a 3 level system.  Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels of configuration, as someone had suggested in this thread.  The items we discussed here will likely be in the advanced or intermediate section and I will hopefully post a list later with the proposed level and location of all the options.

The method to choose between the different skill levels will be one of three possibilities:
1. A setting in the actual list of options
2. Tabs on the top of the configuration screen (this may be difficult to use with a remote control &/or a keyboard)
3. When you select setup on the main menu the three skill levels come up as an intermediate menu.

Please let me know what you think.

Justin