[mythtv] DVBEit for analog video sources in mixed installations

Wolfgang Nothdurft mythtv at linux-dude.de
Tue Jun 6 08:52:32 UTC 2006

I have an mixed mythtv installation with two analog and one dvb-c cards
and I wanted to fill the program info for the analog channel with the dvb
eit information.
The idea is to have the ability to configure which analog channel is
equivalent to which digital channel.
At the moment I realised this with an extra table that maps the service
ids from the digital channel to the chanid from the analog channel.
In the function EITHelper::UpdateEITList I ask the db for an existing
mapping and call the update_eit_in_db for the analog channel either.
What do you think about that and what is the best way to store the mapping?
other alternatives to store the mapping are:
- insert an extra field in the channel table for the analog chanid
- use the existing xmltvid and use data like serviceid.dvb.intern to
identify the channels

If you agree with that and how to provide the mapping I will open a ticket
with the patch attached

Greetings
Wolfgang