[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 2 22:14:46 UTC 2006

On 06/02/2006 03:09 PM, Andy Poling wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Justin M. Hunt wrote:
>
>> Time offset for thumbnail preview images: most users probably don't change this since you cant get it perfectly right for all programs anyways
>>
> I use this to offset my global pre-roll setting so that I get a preview of the
> target program instead of the pre-roll.  This wouldn't be necessary if global
> pre-roll were taken into account when calculating this time offset (or is it
> already, perhaps?).

Since Risto Treksler's patch ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/6308
), the commercial flagging and cutlist information is taken into account
when generating previews.

For those who use commflagging, it's a completely unnecessary setting.

Those who don't use commflagging can either specify a cutlist or simply
set a bookmark with the PreviewFromBookmark enabled...

Generate preview image from a bookmark if possible
If enabled, MythTV will ignore the above time offset, and use the
bookmark inside the recording as the offset for creating a thumbnail
image. As with the above, MythTV will honour cutlists and increase this
offset if necessary.

And, BTW, is PreviewFromBookmark really necessary, anymore?  Why not
just make it always true?

Mike