[mythtv] MythArchive testing report
gap7472 at rit.edu
Fri Jun 2 14:17:26 UTC 2006
I recently tried MythArchive on a few episodes of Friends and other
shows I had lying around, and I ran into the following issues:
-The first three shows I selected were properly detected as being in
DVD format, were replexed and properly combined into a DVD image,
then burned. The burn completed successfully, and then the script
promptly failed, citing that it wasn't able to eject the disc. No
biggie; I ejected the disc and everything was fine.
-The next three shows I selected couldn't be burned; MythArchive
kept complaining that the episodes didn't exist. Yet, I could select
and watch them from within the frontend without any problem. I
checked the ownership and permissions on the files and made sure that
they were the same as the files that HAD burned properly, but it
still complained that the files weren't found.
-The disc I burned used the MythCenter theme. When testing the
resulting DVD with xine, I found that the intro animation played
fine, but the menu music kept stuttering. As a result, any selection
I attempted to make in the menu was delayed by about 2-3 secs; xine
seemed pre-occupied with trying to properly play the menu music.
I suppose I could try testing the disc in a regular player when I get
Also, one other question: is there any way to pipe the output of the
script directly into the frontend module so that the log view is
updated directly? Also, is there some way of allowing the user to
leave the log viewer and then come back at a later time to view the
status of an existing job? I just... don't like the way it's done now
where view has to actually re-load a log file every 5 secs or so.
On May 31, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Robert S. Kerr wrote:
>> Paul H wrote:
>>> I'm trying hard not to use ProjectX if I can help it. If I have to I
>>> will revert back to using it but in the mean time I'd rather try
>>> to get
>>> the existing tools to work together. The lossless transcoder in
>>> mythtranscode does a good job at frame accurate commercial
>>> cutting and
>>> also in tidying up the timecodes. You don't say what type of card
>>> are using but the only time I have had sync problems is with a few
>>> DVB-t recordings which was easily fixed by first running the files
>>> through mythtranscode which is why the script now always runs
>>> files through mythtranscode if a re-encode isn't required. I you
>>> can try
>>> the latest version from svn and let me know if the sync problems are
>>> still there.
>>> The highlight in the GANT theme is the title changing color to
>>> orange on
>>> the main menu and the time code changing to orange in the chapter
>>> It worked fine for me last time I tried it. Are you using a software
>>> player on a PC or a standalone DVD player?
>>> The order in which you select items in the 'Select archive items'
>>> screen, which is also reflected in the order of the items on the
>>> ' Items Selected for Archive' screen, is the order in which the
>>> will appear on the final DVD. Is that not what you are seeing?
>> I'll do an update to the latest SVN to see if the sync issues are
>> there. Late yesterday, I saw a post on the users list that mentioned
>> something about transcode as well, so I'm hoping that fixes the
>> for me.
>> I'm using a PVR-150MCE on FC5. When I did the original archives,
>> I did
>> notice some complaints about the PTS tags, but wasn't sure what I
>> do about it. Hopefully, transcode can clean them up the same way
>> ProjectX does.
> Thats odd. I've done most of my testing with files recorded with a
> PVR-350 card and never had sync problems with files from that card and
> I've heard from people who claim to have burned 100+ files to DVD with
> no mention of any sync issues. DVB files on the other hand present all
> sorts of problems :(
> Its worth running the files through mythtranscode in any case. You
> probably have to force the script to alway run the files though
> mythtranscode by setting the 'alwaysRunMythtranscode' setting to
> at the top of the mythburn.py script.
>> As far as the selection issues go, I was using a stand-alone DVD
>> since that seems to be the easiest way to rule out software player
>> issues and confirm that the disk I have would work if I took it to a
>> friend's house. It might be that I'm mentioning the wrong theme.
>> theme I'm mentioning has a preview video on the left and the title
>> to the right. Since I had two shows on the DVD, I was seeing two
>> of preview and title, which is what I would have expected. But, the
>> title wasn't highlighting. What looked like was happening was that
>> there was supposed to be a highlight around the video(?). Selection
>> appeared to be working, it just wasn't highlighting right. Right
>> at the
>> very end of teh preview video cycle, I would see a selection box
>> the preview video for just a second or two, and then it would go
>> away again.
> I did fix some stuff with the MythCenter main menu recently maybe
> it. I do most of my testing using xine so I don't have to waste time
> waiting for the DVD to burn but have also used an aging Panasonic
> for testing.
>> The ordering issue makes sense. I was trying to use the order I
>> selected them when adding them to the DVD under the extract files
>> section. (Although there was some strangeness there too, it seems
>> once I put a show in that list it never goes away, even if I de-
>> it over on the select files side). I'll try again with the
>> current SVN
>> and see what I get there.
> De-selecting files in both the Select Recordings and Select Video has
> been fixed recently and now works as it should.
> Paul H.
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-dev