[mythtv] mythvideo flickers

Timothy Flechtner timf at trdlnk.com
Thu Jun 1 05:04:42 UTC 2006

hello,
  i'm using the 0.19 release, and in my current setup, playback of any
video through mythvideo flickers (white rectangles rapidly appear and
disapear).  this happens whether i use mplayer, xine or 'Internal'.
when i run xine from an xterm, with the same arguments i specified in
the setup (eg `xine -pfhq %s`), the video plays back with no flickering.
  i've figured out that this only happens when i start X with dri
disabled.  unfortunately, when i run mythv in X with dri enabled, both
live tv and recordings are played back much faster than 'normal'.  can
anyone give me any pointers towards solving either of these problems?

thanks!!
-tim