[mythtv] mythtranscode dropping audio?

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Thu Jun 1 04:33:13 UTC 2006

>  Updated to trunk last night, and now I'm finding that if I run lossless
> MPEG2 mythtranscode on the same file twice, the audio is lost.
> Actually, it appears that if the audio is in mp3 or mp2 format, I lose
> the
> audio on the first transcode, and if it's in ac3 format, I lose it on the
> second...
>
> Let me back up...
>
> What commandline
> parameters does the BE use when calling mythtranscode for lossless
> MPEG2?  Once I have that, I can (hopefully) repeat the problem
> outside the backend, and repeat it with a small sample - and post a bug
> request with logs.

[snip]

I noticed this while working with mytharchive and opened trac ticket # 1841
Chris asked for a sample, but I have no easy way of sending my file so I
dropped it. (my bad)
If you can get a sample, you might want to attach it to that ticket...

In any case,  I dug into the code a little and I found it wasn't reading
far enough into the stream
to see the audio tracks. The attached patch works around this problem by
greatly increasing the
"how far should I read to get stream info" parameter.  It's a hack but
it worked for me. YMMV.

-Bill