[mythtv] Possible Bug: Timestretch causes a FE segmentation fault

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:28:06 UTC 2006

On 7/21/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/21/2006 07:09 AM, David Whyte wrote:
>
> >I have searched the archives and Trac to see if this has been reported or not.
> >
> >When playing back a DVB-T recorded file (still stored as MPEG-2) with
> >a timestretch setting of 1.5, when I seek within the file, the
> >frontend exits and reports to the terminal 'Segmentation Fault'.
> >There is no abnormal logging in the backend to glean information from.
> >
> >I would like to try and create a ticket for it (if it is a bug) but I
> >haven't really got any good information to provide the devs.  What is
> >the best way to get more information?
> >

> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike.  I was aware of that, the only thing is I am running
packages on my Ubuntu box.

I believe I can set verbose logging for certain 'things', but I don't
know what those things are.  I was hoping you could advise me of how
to enable verbose logging, so I can glean some details of the cause of
the segmentation fault.

Any hints here?

Cheers,
Whytey