[mythtv] Transcode segfaults on a particular DVB-T recording

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Jul 26 21:15:11 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Darryl Merritt  wrote:
> I have a DVB-T recording from last weekend that the mythtranscode segfaults on everytime around then
> 17 minute mark of a 1 hour show.
Are you running the mpeg2 transcoder or doing an mpeg2->mpeg4
transcode?  I will be glad to help with the former, but am no longer
up to seed on the latter, and can't be too helpful there.

The 1st thing to do is to run from the commandline as:
mythtranscode -i <infile> -o foo.mpg -v all --mpeg2 > log
that'll be pretty big if it goes 17 mins, but zip it up and send it to
me.  From that, i'll likely ask you to cut a chunk of the original
file (~10-20MB) and send that to me as a testcase.

.Geoff