[mythtv] EITScanner caused playback issues

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Jul 19 18:42:18 UTC 2006

Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> writes:

> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 23:14, Jan Kleinig wrote:
>> I have some problems with the EIT-Scanner at the moment, depending
>> stumbling tv- or recording-playback when the EIT-scanner inserts his
>> data into the database. Would it help me building mythtv-eit-branch?
> Currently not. there are no changes in the eit branch.
> Can you give us specifications of your backend/frontend computer.
> We should maybe decrease the Chunksize and increase the minimal
> reschedule time for the realease.

I submitted a patch for ticket #1660 that creates an asynchronus
database insertion thread. I used it to solve a similar problem with
database inserts hosing recording from ivtv. If you're just inserting
stuff for use later, it should solve your problem too.
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571
539 Grand Valley Dr., Cambridge, Ont. N3H 2S2     (519) 241 2461
--------------- http://www.ajlc.waterloo.on.ca/ ----------------
"Welcome to All Things UNIX, where if it's not UNIX, it's CRAP!"