[mythtv] MYTH_PROTO_VERSION Problem

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Jul 14 15:28:18 UTC 2006

ianbonham at Shadowfire.homelinux.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> Can anyone please please tell me what would cause this response :
> Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':
> I am trying to track down what has triggered this on my FC5 install. Myth has just died totally, and I get that response from MythWeb and also see it in the shell when running Mythfrontend from the shell. Nothing really in the ogs to help either.
Is the backend running? You will get this from MythWeb if the backend is
down. The frontend should just say that the master is not available. Or
the frontend/mythweb versions are different from the backend. Could be a
few other things, but verify that the frontend, backend and mythweb are
all the same version, and that the backend is running.