[mythtv] Channel sorting problems...

Tom Lawton tlawton at gmx.de
Thu Jul 6 08:58:29 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 22:13, Jochen Kühner wrote:
> With the newest svn i have problems that the channels are sorted not
> like the numkbers 1 2 3 and so no, they are sorted 1 10 11 12 2 20 and
> so....

I had this, and it turned out that bizarrely channelutil.cpp, line 1303
onwards, was:

  bool isIntA, isIntB;
    int a_int = a.channum.toUInt(&isIntA);
    int b_int = a.channum.toUInt(&isIntB);

rather than:

  bool isIntA, isIntB;
    int a_int = a.channum.toUInt(&isIntA);
    int b_int = b.channum.toUInt(&isIntB);

I'm really confused as to how this ended up in my working copy as none of the
svn commits appear to include the first pair! And an svn update on a backup
copy some hours later produced the second version.

Spooky? But might be worth checking yours.

tom