[mythtv] Hauppauge PVR 150 - channel change = sound lost

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Fri Jan 27 23:38:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have just bought Hauppauge PVR 150 as I read that there would be no
problem with this card under Linux and MythTV. Unfortunately whenever
MythTV changes channel (live TV) the channel audio is lost. When I quit
live TV and return back the audio is there but gets lost as soon as I
want to see another channel :-(

I confirmed with bunch of ivtv-tune and cat /dev/video1 >test.mpg that
it's not a problem of channel tuning (with the itvt utils). It's
something in Myth. I am using ivtv driver 0.4.2, no ivtv module
parameters, PAL D/K.

Any idea? Worth a ticket? Or a problem in my own setup? There are