[mythtv] MythTV on Mac OS X for Intel

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 02:44:07 UTC 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 10:28 PM, James Lauser wrote:

> Sorry...  I should have pointed that out.  I get the same problem
> when I use release-0-18-fixes and HEAD.
>
> The output of configure is as follows...
>
> cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
> cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
>
> *** WARNING ***
> Your CPU was not detected properly:
>     uname -m: i386
>     uname -p: i386
>

> If you are using a recent CVS checkout,
> please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"
>
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> cat: /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
> # Basic Settings
> Compile type     release
> Compiler cache   no
> DistCC           no
> Install prefix   /Users/james/myth/.osx-packager/build
> CPU              x86 (i386)
> Big Endian       no
> MMX enabled      no
> Vector Builtins  yes
>
> # Input Support
> Joystick menu    no
> lirc support     no
> ivtv support     no
> FireWire support no
> DVB support      no [/usr/src/linux-8.4.1/include]
>
> # Sound Output Support
> OSS support      no
> ALSA support     no
> aRts support     no
> JACK support     no
>
> # Video Output Support
> x11 support      no
> xrandr support   no
> xv support       no
> XvMC support     no
> XvMC VLD support no
> OpenGL vsync     no
> DirectFB         no

uname is Either going to give i386 or ppc.  these are the only two
options that gcc on ox x will support anyway (and they need to be
passed as -arch, not -march or anything else.  However, I see that
configure is not detecting mmx.  Since all i386 cpu's on intel are
core duo or better, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that if we
are on darwin and the cpu is i386 that configure should enable mmx as
well as all of the sse variants .  Also, this may well be related to
your linking problem. try --enable-mmx to configure and see what
happens.

Geoff