[mythtv] ChromaKey OSD and 0.19

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jan 25 19:46:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 12:15 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> There has been some talk on -users about the ChromaKey OSD and it's
> status for 0.19
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7569
>
> What's the story on making that unexposed database setting available to
> the frontend?  Is there some criteria that needs to be met before this
> feature is primetime.  It'd be nice to make a note of it on the wiki FAQ
> but I don't know the full story.
>
> I'm using it on one of my frontends and I haven't had any problem with
> it and the Isthmus-OSD.

It has been very lightly tested by me. I suspect it has problems
with aspect override, the detection of the screen Visual is a
total hack, I would like to make some changes to how things
like ChromaKey OSD are enabled before exposing this feature,
and enabling ChromaKey OSD causes segfaults when we fall back
to regular XVideo display.

In short, this will not be enabled for 0.19.

The ticket to watch for updates is here:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/512

-- Daniel