[mythtv] DVB tuning problems - Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Tue Jan 24 23:07:52 UTC 2006

I don't want to  put in a ticket for this until I have more information but
I really don't know where to look to get it. My setup uses a rotor with a
Twinhan card. I've had HUGE difficulty consistently changing channels. I've
added code to retune every few seconds until the correct PMT is found,
however, many times it doesn't do any good. I run the backend with -v
channel,record,siparser and if I were to believe MythTV I would conclude
that the card just isn't tuning. However, at those times if I run dvbsnoop I
can see a valid PAT for the transponder I'm tuning to. If this were the case
I would expect MythTV's siparser to show me that PAT - even if it were
incorrect.

Where should I look further to resolve this? At this point I'm pulling out
my hair. I've been working on getting this setup functional for months.

Thanks, Mark.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER

Please Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
disclosure, distribution, copying or other dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the sender, delete the message and
destroy all copies of it.

Thank You