[mythtv] LiveTV problem

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Tue Jan 24 16:42:23 UTC 2006

> DMA is turned on.
> And the ivtv driver is all alone on IRQ5.
>
> Any more suggestions is greatly appreciated. I really miss to be able
> to do recordings. LiveTV i didn't use that much anyway. But it is the
> same problem with recordings.

I had one single recording that did this. After playing that everything
was stuttering, only a reboot helped.
As the recording was one of the first of the list the preview player triggered
it when browsing the list and there we were.
Noticed it by browsing the "Main titles" first and the playing something
old that had worked before.
You can also try to turn off the live preview for the frontend.
No idea how the recording got broken and why Myth never recovered
from the situation.
I saved the recording if somebody is interested to try to find out what
happened.

Dag