[mythtv] Bug: Missing dependancies should be listed during configure

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Sun Jan 22 14:14:55 UTC 2006

I agree that missing dependancies should be made clearer, but in the mean
time have a look at this to make your life easier :
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UpgradeToCvsHowTo

specifically note3:   (which I quote here for your convenience):
--------------------------------------
note3: reviewing the ./configure script for lines containing 'has_library'
can enlighten you to the large list of possible dependancies for mythtv.
Here is a SLOW, but useful, one-liner command to help you determine a list
of possible RPM dependancies for your system:

grep has_library ~/myth-svn/mythtv/configure | perl -pe 's/.*has_library
(.*?) .*$//g;' | grep -v has_library | xargs yum whatprovides | grep i386 |
perl -pe 's/ .*//;' | sort -n | uniq

Hopefully helpful,
 Buzz

  _____