[mythtv] MFD Ready, planing Plugin...

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 01:03:08 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Jochen Kühner <jochen.kuehner at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm planing to write a Plugin for MythTV to view and send E-Mails
> (Mythmail). (I know that there is one in dev, but i think there is less
> development on this). Now I want to know if the Mfd is ready for use in
> MythTV, because I thougt that the Download and sending of mails should be
> done by a thread on mfd (in background) while i only write a plugin for the
> frontend. Can the Mfd be used???

Afraid I may hijack this thread but just out of curiosity, what is
happening with mfd?  Is Thor still working on this?  Either way I
might be interested in getting the rtsp video stream to work.  Right
now I have no idea what this involves.  I know rts was implemented for
audio and without having looked at the libraries I'm not sure how far
away the video stream is from this.  Obviously what I'd like to do is
create a stream that can plug in to the current myth video player
(proabably start with a separate application than MFE) but I'm fairly
unknowledgable in this as well.  Anyone out there have a quick
overview of this?  Thoughts on starting this before the code gets to
0.19?

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>