[mythtv] Who is supposed to update programid

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Wed Jan 18 18:41:59 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 20:05 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > What part of mythtv is responsible for filling in
> > program.programid ?
> >
> > They seem to be empty for all the entries I have in
> > the table.
>
> David Engel and Bruce Markey would know better than me, but I believe
> mythfilldatabase is responsible for this field, but it is not required.

I was afraid so. My mythfilldatabase refuses to fill in anything.
The next question then is: Why is it not done?
Does it need something in the info that we don't have here
in Finland.

The real problem I am trying to solve is that MythWeb will
not mark a recorded program as recorded without it having
this field entered.

> This field allows MythTV to schedule programs more quickly when it is
> available from the listings provider.

A big thanks for the info. Would have been a lot of work
finding out from the code.

Dag