[mythtv] Mythbackend UPnP server?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Wed Jan 18 17:14:01 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 03:03, David Blain wrote:
> > Subject: [mythtv] Mythbackend UPnP server?
> >
> > Has anybody ever mentioned/thought about making mythbackend
> > into a UPnP server?  This way you could buy a small D-Link
> > DLNA/UPnP renderer like this as a MOSTLY functional frontend:
> >
> > Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
> >
> > Mat
>
> I have already implemented most of what is needed to turn MythBackend into
> a uPNP Server.  Here is what I have left to do:
>
> 1) Finish implementation of the CDS (Content Directory Service) for the
> various media in MythTv.  I am trying to design it so that any content
> (Recorded programs, Movies, Music, Photos, DVD, ...) can be added by
> implementing a few interfaces and registering it with the upnp service
> classes that I have created.  (I am focusing on Recorded Programs as the
> first implementation).
Part of it available, I own a UPnP network DVD-player, which can do a lot of
these things with wizd, look at:
http://www.iodata.com/usa/forum/showthread.php?s=1c761a4bf6d207853c5cd15b937175cb&t=907
What I would love to have is the possibility to be able to use 'all' of Myth.
Meaning that from the silent UPnP network DVD-player in the living-room I
could watch live-tv, schedule recordings etc.