[mythtv] Mythbackend UPnP server?

Mathew Mrosko mythtv at matmrosko.com
Wed Jan 18 04:07:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 7:01 pm, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> > I was planning to have the completed implementation done 2 months ago...
> > Unfortunately, real life has gotten in the way.  I am starting a new
> > project at work and should start to have time in the next month or so to
> > finish my changes (I figured the delay would allow all the LiveTV changes
> > to become rock solid).
>
> You may want to just make available what you already have written; lots
> of people start something like this and then it never gets completed for
> whatever reason.  If your code is "out there", then at least it can
> continue to move forward, and there certainly seems to be a lot of
> interest in uPNP.

I didn't know there was this much work already put into this!  There are a
couple guys at my work that are implimenting a UPnP/DLNA/NMPR/VIIV stack and
will be very familiar with all of the protocols and standards.  I plan to
read up soon to make myself familiar.  Some of the people at work use Myth
and love the idea of this, while others don't like the idea.  If there's
already a ton of work done, that's even better.  I was just going to ask
questions for a while and see what types of response I get.  It seems David
loves the idea as much as me and a couple of my co-workers do!

David, if you want, I can host your code on my website if you would like,
although the hosting doesn't give me shell access, so I can't run subversion
or anything.

Mat
--
mythtv [at] matmrosko [dot] com