[mythtv] XvMC studdering

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:52:37 UTC 2006

Just wanted to share my experiences and see if anybody was in the same place
as me.

When seeking, video/audio stutter for about 2-3 seconds. After that,
playback is fine. As mentioned in other threads, it seems to be related to
the osd as if I hit seek/esc quickly in succession it does not appear to
happen.

Doubled the ringbuffer (~19000),
Interlace disabled,
MPEG2 decoder Standard XvMC,
Opengl sync disabled,
Rtp threads enabled,
Video as timebase disabled,
Extra audio buffering disabled,
Aggressive audio buffering disabled,
Seek to exact frame disabled

I've tried tweaking all these settings but they don't seem to make a
difference - stutter seek is still there. Also tried the chromakey osd (and
associated xorg/mysql setting) without any luck.