[mythtv] Housekeeping function thrashing mysql

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Mon Jan 16 21:00:20 UTC 2006

program.title and program.subtitle. The default is latin1. I changed it to
utf8 in an attempt to fix my Unicode EIT problem. The long select times
forced me to change back.

- Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lichti [mailto:tom at redpepperracing.com] 
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:12 AM
To: Development of mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Housekeeping function thrashing mysql

Buechler, Mark R wrote:
> Thanks. I managed to reduce the time down to just under 8 seconds by
> converting a couple columns back to latin1. However, if anything attempts
> access the db during that time (like starting livetv) it will be delayed
> several seconds. It would be nice to to throw a loop around the select and
> do a LIMIT x, x + 10; x++ type thing.
> - Mark.
Could you post what columns you changed? I am seeing long query times on 
this one as well.

mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org


Please Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, distribution, copying or other dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the sender, delete the message and
destroy all copies of it.

Thank You

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list