[mythtv] Channel handling

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jan 15 19:45:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 11:32 -0800, jafa wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > I would recommend keeping the input stuff in there, this allows for
> > easier refactoring of channel classes later on. And if at some point
> > multiple inputs are added to a future rev of the hardware you won't
> > have to rewrite everything (Say you want to support OTA and Cable
> > with the same device without the user needing to change the wiring).
> >

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Each tuner on the box has one physical input but can demodulate 8VSB,
> 64QAM, and 256QAM.
>
> Would it be better to consider it to have three inputs or to have one
> input with three different tv modes?

One input. I'm assuming you could have an 8-vsb channel on 21, and a
QAM-256 channel on 120, so if you had digital cable that used only
channels above 83, you could combine an antenna and cable inputs with
a lowpass and highpass filter, resp. The modulation of each channel
is specified in the dtv_multiplex table so each channel can have it's
own modulation within the same source.

So each tuner has it's own physical input? (i.e. unlike a PVR-500)

Can they issue DiSEqC commands?

-- Daniel