[mythtv] Mythtv two dvb-c cards not working

Markus Heikkilä markus.heikkila at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 18:25:48 UTC 2006

I have separate frontend and backend machines. The backend has two
Technisat Cablestar2 DVB-C cards.

The problem is, mythtv is able to use only one of the cards. With the
other LiveTV or recording doesn't work.

I am able to tune channels with both cards using czap utility, so the
card seem to work.

Attached are frontend and backend logs from the situation where I start
to look LiveTV. At first I only get black screen, then alert saying that
myth cannot get signal. Log shows "prebuffering pause"s. After the alert
I change cards pressing Y and get picture and sound normally. I then
switched cards once more and got those prebuffering pauses again and
switched back again being able to watch the program.

I'm more than happy to provide more detailed logs if someone tells me
which verbosity levels I should use with -v option.

I have also tried two simultaneous recordings. The one using card #0
succeded, the other didn't. Unfortunately I don't have logs from that
situation but I can retry it if someone tells me which logging levels
would be useful for debugging the problem.
--
Mahe